2 cups of cake flour
3 1/2 – 4 teaspoons of ground cardamom (depending on taste)
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup ground almonds
¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
½ cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Combine cake flour, cardamom, salt
- Cream butter, vanilla bean paste* and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well blended
- Stir in ground almonds
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cardamom
- Use medium sized cookie scoop (1 ½ TBS size) to scoop into dough balls
- Coat rounded cookie in sugar/cardamom mixture
- Place on cookie sheets
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown
*add vanilla bean paste onto the soft butter before the sugar. The vanilla will seep into the soft butter bringing out more flavor.
Novemner: Vanilla Crème Anglaise
Vanilla Crème Anglaise
4 oz heavy cream
4 oz milk
2 oz sugar
4 each egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
Method of Preparation:
-In a sauce pot, combine cream and milk and bring to a scold on medium heat.
-While heating, whisk together in a bowl the sugar and egg yolks until combined.
-Once cream mixture is ready, slowly pour into egg mixture while whisking to temper the eggs.
-Return mixture back to the pot.
-On low heat, stir with a spoon until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
-Take pan off the heat and stir in vanilla.
-Serve warm with your favorite soufflé or bread pudding dessert or cooled for plating.
Even better, it makes a great ice cream base!
You must be logged in to post a comment.